The Latest in my Life ☔
I’ve not kept up with my usual updates for a few weeks due to being busy and under the weather, so I thought I’d check in before unplugging over the festive period. Our Christmas plans are a little up in the air at the moment due to family illness, but we will try to make the best of things.
I would like to wish you all a very merry Christmas, Yule, Winter Solstice, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or whatever holiday you celebrate. I hope you have a peaceful time surrounded by your nearest and dearest.
Watching and Listening 📺
- I’ve finished season 2 of The Orville now. It’s a great show that makes me think as well as laugh.
- I’m glad that His Dark Materials is back on the TV and hoping that there will be a good pay-off for all the build-up in the last season.
- We introduced my 6-year-old to Home Alone the other week but she was traumatised by the scene where one of the crooks gets his hair singed off by a blow torch. Oops.
- We watched Arthur Christmas for the first time the other day. It was funnier than I expected and had a great cast of voice actors.
- Of course, I am saving the best ’till last and will be watching A Muppet Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve.
The Beonna Community Choir Christmas Concert 🎵
I had a lot of fun performing in our choir’s Christmas concert on Tuesday and Wednesday. The tickets sold out within a few days so we had to add an extra performance. We sang a mixture of Christmas carols and some of the pop songs we’ve learnt over the past few months, such as “Xanadu” and “Lean On Me”. I really let myself go and enjoyed it immensely. I was so proud of everyone for how we have grown in confidence since we got together in the spring.
You can watch the full concert below if you would like to. I have a brief solo in the medley at the end of the second half, singing “I Wish It Could be Christmas Every Day”.
Christmas Concert Part 1:
Christmas Concert Part 2:
Quote of the Week 💬
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer.
“It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.”
The Sunday Salon is a weekly meme hosted by Deb @ Readerbuzz.
“Think of it as an informal, weekly, mini read-a-thon, an excuse to put aside one’s earthly responsibilities and fall into a good book.”
What are your plans for the holiday season? Let me know in the comments!
Leave a Reply