This weekend I’m taking part in Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon, which runs from 8 am EST / 1 pm GMT on Saturday 25th April to the same time on Sunday 26th April. The idea is to read as much as you can for those 24 hours and any forms of book count, including eBooks, audiobooks and reading to your children.
The readathon was started by Dewey (blog retired) in 2007 and is currently hosted by Andi and Heather, but due to change hands from October 2020. Find out more about the challenge here.
This year is my first time taking part. There’s no way I can read for the full 24 hours as I’ve got a four-year-old to look after and I’m too old to pull an all-nighter, but I’m going to read as much as I possibly can.
You can follow my regular updates on Twitter and I will be updating the list below as I finish each book. You can find other readers taking part with the #reathon tag on most social media platforms or see the full list of participants here.
Last updated: 1 pm GMT on Sun 26th.
- Matilda by Roald Dahl. Read to my daughter. Started on page 90 and completed (page 240) during hour 6.
- Mr Brown Can Moo! Can You? by Dr. Seuss. Read during hour 7.
- The Ghost of Black Lake Castle/David the Gnome by Alison Ainsworth. Read to my daughter during hour 7.
- Star Wars the Last Jedi by Jason Fry (audiobook narrated by Marc Thompson). Started with 1 hour 58 minutes left and finished during hour 7.
- Heat Index by Deborah Kelly (eBook)-started at 30%.
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J K Rowling (short stories).
- Time spent reading: approx. 12 hours
- Total pages: 530
- Whole books read: 3 (Tales of Beedle the Bard + 2 short kids books)
- Previously started books completed: 3 (Matilda, The Last Jedi and Heat Index)
Are you taking part in the readathon? Feel free to link your TBR and update posts below!
Leave a Reply