The Blogging from A-Z Challenge continues today. Every day throughout April (except Sundays) I’ll be posting a range of ideas and tips for keeping your family entertained at home. It will include arts and crafts, games, learning ideas and imaginative activities for all ages. I thought it would be particularly useful while we’re all self-isolating or socially distancing, though it can be used for any time of year.
Letter “D” is for Dance, something I love to do! Dancing is a good way to keep fit, relieve stress and have fun. I like it because it’s exercise that doesn’t feel like work-it feels like a party! I often put on some feel good music and have a boogie around my kitchen and it always makes me feel great.
During the lockdown, lots of children’s entertainers, DJs and clubs are offering online parties, discos and raves and there are also plenty of dance schools running online classes. So, if you’ve always wanted to have a go at dance, now is a good time to start!
Online Dance Classes
- DDMIX (Darcey Bussell’s dance studio) hosts a daily shake up at 1:30 pm GMT/9:30 am ET on Facebook.
- Carbonero Academy offers a timetable of salsa and bachata (a style of dance from the Dominican Republic).
- Various Zumba instructors are offering #zumbavirtual classes and there are lots of zumba videos on liveloveparty.tv on Youtube.
- The Ballet Coach has many free online ballet classes for kids, adults and even a Grandmas and Granpas class!
- Ghost Dance Troupe are doing free street dance classes on Instagram.
- Music in Motion offer free online tap classes.
- Adam Garcia is also running tap classes on Instagram Live on Fridays 3:30 pm GMT/11:30 am ET.
- Diane Buswell has a range of dance classes on her Youtube channel, including street, samba, hip-hop and more.
- Stopgap Dance Company have some inclusive classes for disabled people which include tips from their professional disabled dancers.
- Big Fish Little Fish holds a “Kitchen Family Rave” on Sundays from 2-4 pm GMT/10 am-12 pm ET.
- Can Can Wonderland have a kids dance party on the first Sunday of every month.
- MBC Kids host a dance party on Zoom on Saturdays 8pm ET.
- DJ Amber Valentine hosts virtual sets from her Instagram page (aimed at adults).
- Tune into Boiler Room’s new live series Streaming from Isolation, where DJs broadcast direct from their own homes (aimed at adults).
Over to you!
Do you enjoy dancing? If so, what’s your favourite type of dance? Have you ever taken part in an online dance class or disco? Let me know in the comments?