It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalize it! Include as much as you want or as little. Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies. Link up once a week or once a month, you decide. Book haul can include library books, yard sale finds, arcs and bought books..share them!
This week in my life
This week went by so fast! I’ve been busy at work preparing for exam season, which begins this coming Monday. We’ve had a few decorators over to have a look at our house and give quotes for a big refurbishment job, which I’m excited about. We also booked a week’s holiday to Norfolk in the summer and I’m visualising relaxing beach days and fun family trips already.
This week on the blog
In light of GDPR, I’ve tightened up privacy and security on the blog and switched over to HTTPS. I also created a new Privacy & Security Policy and a Payment Disclosure and updated my Giveaway Policy, Review Policy and FAQs. You may have noticed that now when you leave a comment, there is a new box asking you to give consent for your details to be stored. Annoying, but necessary in this data-driven age.
I’ve also signed up with a CDN called Cloudfare in a bid to speed up my site, so that should make a difference soon.
- A-Z Challenge Reflections
- Monthly Wrap-Up: April 2018
- Top Ten Tuesday: Blue Books
- Book Blogger Hop: Impossible to Choose?
- Summer 2018 Comment Challenge
Next week’s line-up
- Tuesday-Top Ten Tuesday/Teaser Tuesday
- Wednesday-WiP Wednesday
- Friday-Book Blogger Hop: Worst Book Adaptations
- Sunday-The Sunday Post
Plus (hopefully) reviews of Rooms, Sever and The INFJ Writer.
What I’m reading
I received a copy of In the Shadow of the Dragon King by J.Keller Ford that I won from YASH.
Links I’m loving
- I’m the Best Fantasy Book Author Ever (Another hilarious post from AJ)
- Heroine Training (Great motivational site for book lovers and anyone interested in activism or self-improvement).
- On Finding Your Way (Jamie talks about accepting your own personal motherhood journey).
- Five Types of Diasterous Reveals (how NOT to write a plot twist).
- Don’t forget to sign up for the Summer 2018 Comment Challenge!
- The Problem of Future Education (a great post about how the vast wealth of literature available is going to affect schools in the future).
- The A to Zen of Life-Free E-Book
- Martin Luther King’s Last Vision (an inspiring post about Dr King’s legacy).
Before you go…
How was your week? What are you reading?