It’s time for Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme originally created by The Broke and the Bookish and now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Every week there is a new topic or theme to base your top ten list on. I only take part every other week, alternating with Teaser Tuesday. You can find more details about it and see the list of topics here.
This week’s topic is all about our favourite colours. Mine is blue, so without further ado:
Top five books I’ve read that have blue covers
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J K Rowling. One of my all-time favourites. I don’t have this particular edition, but how gorgeous is this cover?
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. I am so in love with this book and I’m glad I’ve got the UK edition because I prefer this cover. I associate this inky shade of blue with dreams and intuition.
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. What a great finale to a fantastic dystopian series this was. The sky blue of the cover makes me think of hope and freedom.
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor. Yeah, another Laini Taylor book, are you shocked? I loved this series too and the ending didn’t disappoint.
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. Great book, great cover.
Top five books on my wishlist that have blue covers
- Traveler by LE DeLano. The cover really stands out for me, it looks magical.
- Iron, Ink and Glass by Gwendolyn Clare. Love the
enchanting cover and the synopsis.
- The Shape of Water by Guillermo del Toro and Daniel Kraus. I’ve wanted to read this one since I heard about the movie. I like the turquoise shade of the cover.
- The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert. This deep shade of blue is just right for this mysterious fairy tale.
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson. The synopsis sounds really intriguing and I love the bright and bold cover.
Before you go…
Have you read any of these books? What’s your favourite book that features your favourite colour on the cover or in the title?