Today is Top Ten Tuesday, a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Every week they post a new top ten list and everyone can join in and share their own picks. If you’d like to take part, hop on over to the blog and sign up with the linky. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to post your answers in the comments.
This week’s topic is: Reasons I love being a blogger/reader.
1) The community. I’ve made so many friends through my blog and I love connecting with them on Twitter, Pinterest and Goodreads. There’s such a variety of activities-polls, giveaways, read-alongs, twitter chats, author interviews-there’s always something going on! The book blogging community are a friendly lot who will always be there to support you, encourage you and fangirl with you.
2) I love talking about books! My blog is a place where I can share book reviews and recommendations with other book lovers-just like a virtual book club. I can go on and on about Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, LOTR, The Hunger Games and other awesome series without annoying people here.
3) Blog events. I get so excited about events like the Blogging from A-Z Challenge, Blogger Love-a-Thon, Rachel Harrie’s Platform Building Campaign and NaNoWriMo. It’s so much fun to complete challenges, enter competitions and get to know other bloggers and writers.
4) The chance to express my thoughts and feelings. There’s often a lot going on in my mind, and my blog gives me the perfect outlet to clear my thoughts by writing lists, asking for opinions and sharing my views on current affairs.
5) Improving my writing skill. Blogging gets me writing almost everyday, which is great for stretching my imagination and improving my writing technique. I also like to share bits of my creative writing now and again to get some much-needed feedback.
6) Experimenting with design. My blog gives me the opportunity to have a play with Photoshop and HTML. I enjoy designing my layouts and making graphics for features.
7) Keeping in the loop. Following other blogs and researching for my own means I get to find out all the latest goings on in the publishing world. I love to know what books are being released soon or getting made into films.
8) The sense of achievement. I’ve almost been blogging for four years now, and I’m really proud of the quantity and quality of posts I’ve written and how far I’ve come since my first ever post.
9) The memories. My blog is like a scrapbook of my life, filled with poetry, book reviews, recipes and random musings. It’ll be great to look back on all this one day.
10) The SWAG. I’m talking about free books and ebooks to review, stickers, badges, magnets and bookmarks! You can never have too many signed bookmarks!
What are your favourite things about blogging or reading?
I chuckled when I saw the image in #4. I agree with every reason you included. The challenges and blogging blitzes really do hone and expand the craft of writing. And the community? BONKERS! Can't wait for #AtoZchallenge to start. But I love the community build up/lead up before hand. It's great.
YES The community is definitely my top reason for loving to be a blogger. I have met people that will be my friends for life! I also love bookish events but I wish there were more around here, so blog events make up for it a bit! 🙂 Great list! I'm a swag hoarder too! That goblin is giving me the creeps LOL
I love it for many of these reasons as well. Yay for blogging! I'm an addict.
The community is definitely one of the BEST parts!! Where else can you unabashedly fangirl? 😀
This is so nice Tizzy! I totally agree with your top ten! I'm so glad I found your blog!