What is the A-Z Blogging Challenge?
Surely you’ve heard of the A-Z Blogging Challenge? No? Well, it’s a blogfest that takes place every April. The challenge is to write a post for every day of the month except for Sundays, with each post representing a different letter of the alphabet. You can find out more here.
It’s a great event to take part in if you want to stretch yourself to blog around a theme and get back into a habit of regular posting. It’s also a fantastic opportunity to meet other bloggers and grow the audience of your blog. Most participants find they have an increase in followers and commenters during the challenge and some make life-long blogging buddies. The challenge grows every year and so far there are around 760 blogs taking part this April.
If you’re smart and schedule your posts before hand, it doesn’t have to be too taxing either. You can have your posts set up and ready to go in advance so that come April you can enjoy visiting other blogs and joining in with twitter chats and other fun events.
I highly recommend the challenge to any blogger, whatever your theme!
How do I get involved?
Vote for my Theme!
- Colour symbolism-I could do an A-Z of colours and their symbolic meanings in art and literature.
- Great Britain-I’m a British chick who doesn’t often show her pride for her country. I would blog about my favourite British books, TV shows, actors, comedians, foods (and recipes), music, customs, fashion and so on.
- Wedding planning-I’m getting married on May 3rd so will be busy planning throughout April. I thought I could post about the artsy and crafty side of planning, without giving too much away for my guests.
- Animals-I love animals and would enjoy talking about different species and relating them to books.
- Music-I’d talk about my favourite bands and compile themed playlists for each day eg. A is for Angry songs, B is for Ballads etc.