I’ve decided to complete the 4th Annual End of the Year Book Survey hosted by Jamie at The Pepetual Page Turner as I had so much fun joining in last year. If you’d like to take part, head on over to the blog and join up with the linky, or post a comment below and I’ll visit your blog. Anyone who links up by January 10th is in the running to win a book of their choice from Jamie’s list!
Best in Books 2013
1. Best Book You Read In 2013?
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?
Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I’ve had it on my shelf for a while but thought it was going to be a bit young for me, and perhaps a bit predictable. I couldn’t have been more wrong! It had me hooked after a couple of chapters and was one of my most engaging reads of the year.
4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
Across the Universe by Beth Revis. I’m very excited to read the next two books.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
Days of Blood and Starlight. So action packed and nerve-wracking!
9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
11. Most memorable character in 2013?
Cole St. Clair from Linger by Maggie Steifvater or Tyrion Lannister from A Game of Thrones.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
Days of Blood and Starlight or A Game of Thrones. Both were packed with stunning metaphors and gorgeously crafted prose.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read?
Fahrenheit 451. I should have read this years ago!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
A Game of Thrones had so many twists and cliffhangers that left me reeling.
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Lena and Alex from Delirium, Karou and Akiva, Zuzana and Mik from Days of Blood and Starlight, Sam and Grace, Cole and Isabelle from Linger and Forever and literally all the relationships in A Game of Thrones, which has the most interesting forbidden romances and power-plays.
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously?
20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Helga’s Diary: A Young Girl’s Account of Life in a Concentration Camp. A friend at work lent me this after I commented on her post about it on Facebook.
21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?
Young Adult (6 books).
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
Alex from Delirium and V from Innocent Darkness.
23. Best 2013 debut you read?
Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear. It’s a steampunk novel featuring faeries! Quite unlike anything I’ve ever read before.
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
A Game of Thrones or Days of Blood and Starlight. I was absorbed totally into both worlds.
25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?
Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear. There was a lot of light-hearted fun as well as some pretty steamy scenes.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?
Hands down- Helga’s Diary: A Young Girl’s Account of Life in a Concentration Camp. Utterly heartbreaking and unimaginably sad, yet there is some hope and happiness amidst the misery.
27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?
Book Blogging/Reading Life 2013
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2013?
I discovered so many amazing new blogs during the A-Z challenge last year that I really can’t list them all!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2013?
Show & Tell in a Nutshell: Demonstrated Transitions from Telling to Showing by Jessica Bell. My review can be found here.
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
There were some great discussions about mythological creatures during the A-Z Challenge.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
6. Best moment of book blogging/your book life in 2013?
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?
3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?
Phew. Well, that was fun. Did you read any of the same books this year? What are you most looking forward to reading next year?