I hope everyone had a fantastic time over the holidays however you celebrated. I had quite a busy Christmas travelling between families but it was fantastic to see everyone. New Year’s Eve was more relaxed, and we’re currently enjoying a lazy week at home until we go back to work on Monday.
The year has flown by and I can’t believe it”s 2014 already! It should be one of the biggest years of my life, as I get married on May 3rd! There’s still a lot of planning to do before then, so I best get stuck in. I’m also looking forward to having a nice long summer holiday with my new husband and jetting off to Tennerife for a couple of weeks.
But before I start focusing on the year ahead I like to reflect on what I achieved in the previous year. Here’s my 2013 in review.
Down by 7.
Pages read: 3424 (approx). Down by 3094.
Poems, stories and flash-fiction pieces written: 0 (Down by 3).
Blog followers: 279 via GFC (up 35), 50 via Facebook (up 24), 96 via Google+ (up 78), 10 via Networked Blogs (up 3).
Art and craft projects: 0 (down 4).
Cinema trips: 6 (The Host, Les Misérables, Star Trek: Into Darkness, Iron Man 3, Catching Fire, The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug). Down 1.
Worst Bits of 2013
- My brother and sister suffering a loss.
- Our close friend’s house being damaged in a flood.
- My Grandad’s hip problem.
- Waiting for the garden wall to get built (still in a dispute with the builder).
- The stress of saving up for Christmas.
Best Bits of 2013
- Starting my new job as an Administration Assistant in a local primary school in September.
- My partner completing his Teacher Training course and being promoted to Head of ICT Department.
- Becoming a godmother to my little cousin.
- My sister getting engaged.
- Our week long break at Belton Woods spa hotel in Grantham, where we spotted Warrick Davis!
- Attending Robyn and Elliott’s wedding reception.
- Finding out the good news that my stepbrother is going to be a dad.
- Performing in the Dance Krazy annual show and judging a local talent competition.
- All the parties and meals out with friends.
- Seeing ‘T-Rextasy’ (a T-Rex tribute band) at our local theatre.
- Going to Zumba classes.
- Spending a weekend with my Nanna, Aunt and Uncle.
- Spending Christmas and New Year with family.
- Getting out of my overdraft and realising I CAN save up money.