During this week, I’m putting the spotlight on some of my favourite female authors. These are the ‘Renaissance Women’ that not only write amazing books, but who are also legendary in their own right: making statements, fighting for causes and dazzling us with their wide range of talents. Check out yesterday’s post on the talented Jessica Khoury.
Today I’m gushing about Maggie Stiefvater. Maggie is the author of Shiver trilogy, The Scorpio Races, The Raven Boys and the Books of Faerie. You can find out more about her books here.
About Maggie: “After a tumultuous past as a history major, calligraphy instructor, wedding musician, technical editor, and equestrian artist, I’m now a full-time writer living in the middle of nowhere, Virginia, with my charmingly straight-laced husband, two kids, four neurotic dogs who fart recreationally, and a 1973 Camaro named Loki.”
Why she’s crush-worthy:
- She did an awesome job of spray-painting her car for The Dream Thieves video, then she also let her readers do it.
- She’s an award-winning colored pencil artist. Her work is stunning, and she often designs special editions of her books with her own artwork on the cover. See inside her sketchbook here.
- She signed and doodled every copy of The Dream Thieves that was pre-ordered before the 17th September, even though she left for her tour on the 14th. I’m also impressed with the way she artfully arranged them in her garage.
- She plays several musical instruments, including the bagpipes and composed all the music for her book trailers!
- She has pet goats.
- She’s shared a wealth of useful writing advice.
What’s your favourite book by Maggie Stiefvater? Who are your top author girl crushes?