I experimented with some ingredients today and came up with some healthy muffins to eat for breakfast.
My recipe makes 12 muffins at 212 calories each.
170g dried blueberries (apricots also work nicely)
170g unsweetened museli (I used Alpen)
250g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
250ml unsweetened apple juice
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large egg
1) Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
2) Put the dried fruit, muesli, flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and stir.
3) In a separate bowl, mix the apple juice, oil, honey and egg. 4) Fold the liquid into the dry ingredients but do not over mix.
5) Spoon the mixture into the paper muffin cases.
6) Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190 degrees (375 degrees Fahrenheit/gas mark 5) for 20 minutes, until golden and risen.
7) Remove from the oven and serve immediately, or transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.